South Australia (SA) have informed the Department of Agriculture and Food of changes to entry requirements for Green snail (Cantareus apertus) host material from Western Australia which will come into effect from 14 March 2017.
Biosecurity SA has designated the entire state of Western Australia (WA) a risk zone for Green snail.
Advertisement: Supervisor (Landscape & Horticulture Maintenance)
* Landscape Maintenance Team Leader, inspired design installation
* Permanent Full-time, secure long-term employment, great culture
* Garden Maintenance of high-end, quality, private garden installations
The Role & the Organisation - About our Client
Our Client’s business has been operating for 30 years. They are renowned for their professionalism, quality projects, and superior client service. They’ve created a strong work culture such that employees look forward to going to work in the morning. Business expansion requires the employment of a couple of Landscape Maintenance Gardeners.
Primary Responsibilities of the Role include:
1. Provide manual labour and leadership for the labour team, ensuring the professional maintenance of landscaping projects completed.
2. Motivate and lead the maintenance labour team in all landscape maintenance tasks to the standards A strong focus on OHS practices.
3. Organising, loading, unloading and maintaining tools and vehicles.
4. A professional, friendly Client focus.
5. Management of completion of Maintenance reports and Client Job cards.
6. A great attitude and a “can do” approach means everything.
The Successful Applicant requires the following:
1. A Level III or higher Horticultural qualification,
2. Current certifications including a;
a. WA Construction White/Blue Card,
b. Drivers licence, ideally a MR license,
c. Pesticide licence advantageous
3. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written,
4. The physically fitness to pass a pre-employment medical indicating the ability to undertake manual labour.Applicants must apply in writing and submit a relevant resume.
This has been a paid advertisement on 6th October 2016
Garden centres are encouraged to consider joining the Nespresso Recycling Program in an effort to reduce the amount of coffee machine capsule waste. As part of the program, garden centres are provided with collection boxes which are delivered and collected at no cost to the centre.
Congratulations and best of luck to Highgate Primary School for being one of the national finalists in the My Park Rules competition - the winner will be announced on May 1st!
NGIWA NextGenners were treated to a special morning with a guided tour of Hydroponic Xpress and Aquaponics WA hosted by Neville Passmore and owner Delia Van Aurich this week. Hydroponic Xpress is Perth's largest hydroponic shop and aquaponic warehouse and display centre. Neville showed the group not only the value in this method of growing plants, but emphasised as as urban spaces, water availability and lifestyles were ever changing, then hydroponics were the way of the future for living a more sustainable lifestyle.
Last week, the Fair Work Commission handed down a decision to vary certain penalty rates in some hospitality and retail modern awards. The decision affects penalty rates for working on public holidays and weekends for both permanent and casual employees in these sectors. It also affects the times that penalty rates apply for working late nights or early mornings in the Restaurant and Fast Food awards.
Dawson's Garden World are running free rose pruning demonstrations at their Forrestfield, Joondalup, Swanbourne and O’Connor stores. All sessions start at 11am on the following days:
The general community and community groups can now use smartphone and tablet devices to identify, survey and report weeds and view results online. MyWeedWatcher enables users to identify weeds, conduct surveys on weeds of interest and report on the presence of declared weeds.
The message for the garden RELEAF initiative is "Get Gardening -Get Healthy: Have Fun And De-stress Your Life". The association with the charity beyondblue highlights the challenges of depression and anxiety around the world and gardening is definitely part of the solution.
Good Design Australia will include a 202020 Vision Green Design Award to recognise the benefits of green and living infrastructure in our cities. Members of the 202020 Vision are encouraged to enter their projects, products, services, initiatives, campaigns etc. into this year's Good Design Awards.
To have a successful retail outlet, one of the key sales metrics you're going to want to focus on is "sales per square meterage," which is the average revenue a retail business generates for every square metre of sales space.